We chatted to Christabelle Feeney, Director, Employers for Change about the issues facing people with disabilities as they access employment opportunities – employers obligations, practical things you should consider from your application process to your office layout, the interesting skillsets you may be missing out on, Reasonable Accomodation Passports, government grants you may not be aware of, Agatha Christie (listen to find out why :)) and so much more…..
Christabelle Feeney, Director, Employers for Change
Employers for Change is an employer disability information service working in conjunction with the Open Doors Initiative. The service empowers employers with all the information and advice needed to hire inclusively and to employ, manage and retain staff with disabilities.
- Provides a dedicated helpline giving advice and information to employers about recruiting and employing people with disabilities.
- Hosts a central web-based information resource incorporating guidance and a FAQ section.
- Provides and participates in awareness raising and outreach activities.
- Maintains links with employer stakeholders and disability stakeholders.
- Promotes the positive business case for the employment of people with disabilities.
Information on Government Grants: https://employersforchange.ie/Grants
Voices of Experience: https://employersforchange.ie/Voices-of-Experience
Anytime Learning: Anytime Learning – Employers for Change
Twitter: @employtochange LinkedIn: Employers for Change