By Richard Brody
Although, many individuals, either, are elected, selected, or ascend to positions of leadership, far too few, become meaningful leaders! When individuals, seek positions, without being fully prepared, and lacking the necessary, quality GOALS, their organizations suffer! How can any idea, plan, or program, achieve, to its highest potential, unless/ until, a well – considered, and fully developed approach, is considered, examined, and developed, and the time is expended, to use strategic planning, properly, and introduce the finest possible, action plan? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this represents and means, and why it’s so essential.
1. Growth; generate goodwill; greater good: Groups, either, undergo consistent, meaningful growth, or, they will fail, to be sustainable! Leaders must generate goodwill, not by empty promises, and/ or, rhetoric, but, rather, by what is needed, and necessary, to serve the greater good! How a leader proceeds, in terms of goal – setting, and ensuring, they are meaningful, relevant, sustainable, and fully – considered, often, determines, how well a group may proceed!
2. Options; opportunities; organized: Instead of assuming you know – it – all, a real leader considers various options and alternatives, seeking the finest opportunities, and knowing, how to best use, them! This should not be done in a haphazard manner, but, rather, the plan, must be organized, effectively, with insights, and based on needs, priorities, and perceptions.
3. Attitude; aptitude; attention; action plan: You won’t achieve the best possible direction, if you emphasize, what might go wrong, rather than proceeding with a genuine, positive, can – do, attitude! Coordinating this, with a relevant, well – developed, aptitude and skills set, and a willingness, to pay keen attention, to details, ramifications and contingencies, is a necessity! Will you proceed, forward, despite obstacles, to perceive and conceive of, create, develop, introduce, and implement, a thoroughly considered, action plan, in order to maximize the possibilities, of achieving your goals, and priorities?
4. Listen; learn; leading: You are only, leading, when you take the time, to effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation and experience, to ensure, you are proceeding with genuine empathy, and focusing on the right set of goals!
5. Strategic planning/ strategy; system; strengths/ stronger; sustainable; solutions: How will you use a strategy, to introduce the finest system, to make the group stronger, more relevant and sustainable? One’s emphasis must emphasize sustainable solutions, using true, strategic planning! This means, seeking, far more than, identifying the obstacles, and weaknesses, but, rather, seeking the finest, viable solutions, to make the organization, better, more relevant and sustainable!
You can’t be a real leader, without worthwhile GOALS! Are you up to the tasks, and efforts, needed?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead