By Richard Brody
How can any leader, be certain, to, at least some degree, the course of action, perceptions, and ideas, he is following, are the RIGHT path to follow? If one wants to make a quality difference, for the better, he must begin, precisely, at this point, in order to proceed, with the right perspective, and seek the optimal objectives! In most cases, there are a variety of options and opportunities, and, precisely, the process, and course, one chooses, often differentiates between getting the most desired results, and far less desirable ones! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means, and why, it’s a relevant concept, and consideration.
1. Relevant; responsive; rationale; reasoning; responsibilities; realistic: It’s never about, merely, doing something, or being (or looking) busy! Rather, one must pursue a relevant, and sustainable path, which is responsive to present, and future needs, and potential obstacles! Ensure, your reasoning is rational, and clearly articulate your rationale, to those you serve and represent, in an inspiring, motivating way. Explain everyone’s responsibilities, in a realistic manner, avoiding the temptation to wear, rose – colored glasses!
2. Ideas; intents; ideals; integrity; imagination; innovate; inspiring: Are your ideas, well – considered, or, merely the same – old, same – old, empty promises, and unfulfilled rhetoric? Give yourself a check – up, from the neck – up, so you know, your personal intentions, and align these, with the core ideals of your organization! Never compromise your genuine, absolute integrity! Rather, proceed with the needed imagination, to do, what’s best for your group, and its constituents! Innovate, when necessary, using a balance of time – tested ideas and concepts, with having the aptitude, and skill – set, to innovate, when needed! A real leader must be inspiring to his membership, in a positive, productive manner!
3. Greater good; growth; generate goodwill: Groups must, constantly, undergo, quality, relevant, sustainable growth, or they will fail to exist! Only, then, will they be capable of serving the greater good, and generating goodwill, on a consistent basis!
4. Healing; head/ heart: How will you, ensure, you are, consistently, a healing leader? One must proceed, using the finest aspects of both, his logical and emotional components, in a head/ heart balance!
5. Truthful; trust; time – tested; timely: A true leader must consistently be truthful, both, with himself, and his constituents. To do so, and earn their trust, he must understand time – tested processes, and relevant realities, while avoiding the temptation to procrastinate! Real leaders proceed in a well – considered, timely way!
If you hope to be a leader, you must, both, be, and do, RIGHT! Are you, up to the task?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website http://plan2lead.net and Plan2lead can also be followed on Facebook http://facebook.com/Plan2lead